Environmental awareness for both divers and non-divers
The Project AWARE (Aquatic World Awareness Responsibility and Education) Specialty programme is designed to familiarise divers and non divers with the plight of worldwide aquatic ecosystems. It also describes what individuals can do to help protect aquatic resources. The programme is a non diving course that only contains classroom presentations. It may be conducted as a stand-alone programme or in conjunction with other PADI Specialty Diver courses.
This course covers information about aquatic ecosystem degradation along with conservation measures to protect aquatic resources
- The Project AWARE philosophy about protecting worldwide aquatic ecosystems.
- The importance of and interdependent nature of worldwide aquatic ecosystems.
- Pertinent issues concerning the environmental status of worldwide aquatic ecosystems, including: fisheries concerns, coastal zone management and marine pollution.
- The status of specific, critically degraded marine environments.
- Suggestions and information about specific actions that may help to conserve worldwide aquatic ecosystems.